- This event has passed.
Planetary Solidarity: Global Women’s Voices on Christian Doctrine and Climate Justice
November 20, 2017 at 9:00 am to 11:30 am
The American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting, Nov 18-20, brings thousands of professors and students, authors and publishers, religious leaders and interested laypersons together in 2017 as it does each year. Co-hosted with the Society of Biblical Literature, the Annual Meetings are the largest events of the year in the fields of religious studies and theology.
CEE Director, Karenna Gore will participate in a panel discussion Planetary Solidarity: Global Women’s Voices on Christian Doctrine and Climate Justice on Monday, November 20th, 9 am – 11:30 am.
This book panel brings together womanist, mujerista, Asian and feminist theologians and biblical scholars to discuss the intersection of Christian doctrine, gender and climate justice.
Grace Ji-Sun Kim , Earlham College, presiding
- Imagining an Earth-centric Theological Framing for Planetary Solidarity, Heather Eaton, Saint Paul University
- And God Saw That It Was Good–Imago Dei and Its Challenge to Climate Justice, Wanda Deifelt, Luther College
- Trafficked Lands: Sex Trafficking, Oil, and Ecological Evil in the Dakotas, Hilda Koster, Concordia College, Moorhead
- Seeds, Cross, and a Paradox of Life from Death: A Postcolonial Eco-Theology, Jea Sophia Oh, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Eco-Womanist Wisdom: Encountering Earth and the Spirit, Melanie L. Harris, Texas Christian University
- Reimagining Eschatology towards Healing and Hope, for a World at the Eschatos, Barbara Rossing, Lutheran School of Theology, Chicago
Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza , Harvard University, respondent
Karenna Gore, Center for Earth Ethics, Union Theological Seminary, respondent
Co-sponsored with SBL Ecological Hermeneutics Group
Hynes Convention Center