MARIANNE WILLIAMSON + KARENNA GORE: METAPHYSICS AND THE PUBLIC SQUARE
Oct 24 at 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Cultural critic and best selling author Marianne Williamson talks with Rubin Museum Future Fellow and CEE Director, Karenna Gore to explore how we can shift our civic conversation so that we are “watering the roots and not merely the leaves.”
- What metaphysical healing needs to happen for us to move into a better phase of America? One that reconciles clashing narratives, calls on us to be engaged as citizens rather than consumers?
- Does the matter/spirit divide in Judeo-Christian traditions have anything to do with the fact that so many Americans do not perceive themselves as interconnected with land, water, air and other aspects of what we call “the environment”?
- Do gendered constructs of God the Father and Mother Nature matter?
- Are conventional definitions and metrics of “the economy” adequate?
- How do we draw from the best of the world’s wisdom and faith traditions for this task without appropriating or being overly superficial so as to lose their deep meaning and power?
Member Receive a Discount
For more information: http://rma.cm/2q1