- This event has passed.
Indigenous Peoples Pre-Summit for the United Nations Water Conference
March 20 @ 9:00 am – March 21 @ 5:00 pm UTC-8
Supporting and Affirming Indigenous Peoples’ Rights, Knowledge and Vital Roles as Water Protectors and Defenders
- Regional updates
- Water and the Climate Crisis
- Indigenous Peoples’ Knowledge, Practices & Methods for Water Conservation, Restoration and Health
- Water and Food Sovereignty
- Defending Water from Extractives, Damming, Contamination and Commercialization
- Indigenous Women as Water Keepers and Knowledge Holders
- Supporting Indigenous Youth Leadership
- Imposed “Protected Areas” and other False Solutions
This event is co-sponsored by the International Indian Treaty Council, Assembly of First Nations, United Confederation of Taino People, the Center for Support of Indigenous Peoples of Northern Russia, and the Indigenous Peoples of Africa Coordinating Committee.
Lunches both days and interpretation in Spanish, English, Russian and French will be provided.
For more information contact: Roberto Borrero, International Indian Treaty Council, [email protected], (917) 334-5658.