- This event has passed.
Climate Crisis Policy Follow Up
Jul 15 at 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Thank you for attending the July 1 webinar (video). We had over 300 join in and almost 200 wanted to help build a Climate Bill Package or Collect Votes, or both!
This is an exciting and big task that needs a lot of coordination. Here are some next steps:
1. Group Follow-up Call. JULY 15. Noon-1:30pm EST. Register on Zoom.
Agenda: Legislation (Fracking, Forest Protection) (20 min). Organizing Planning (70 mins). Q&A live.
2. Organizing Approach: We’ll always be open, inclusive and transparent.
3. Adopt-A-District: If you’d like to take the lead in a Congressional District to secure co-sponsors, please fill out this form.
4. Organizing Leads: If you’re interested in being on a core coordinating team, please reply to this email and let’s connect. We need a big team!
5. Process for Reviewing Bills: Discussion points: Collect bills. Study, summarize. GHG analysis. Determine Group Support. Here’s a summary of bills to study.
6. Bill Package Principles: Proposal for Discussion: Start with Project Drawdown Science. Collect Bills to achieve GHG reductions & fulfill policy suggestions from experts and civil society in the Climate Crisis Policy Digest. Embrace bills with sector coalition backing.
7. Groups Bill Endorsements: Here’s a list of Groups that have endorsed various Bills, gathered from the sponsors/lead groups. Going forward this will be an opt-in setup, respecting individual autonomy to support or not, any bill. Submit your Group’s Bill Endorsements here.
8. Vote Count: Here’s a list of Congress people and their co-sponsorship of various Bills. Some bills (GND Resolution, OFF Act) are listed to show historical support.